Back in the groove with Spectralis

Totally addicted to your speckie? Not getting the results you expected? Experiencing Problems together with other gear? This is the place to share good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Jörg Schaaf

Back in the groove with Spectralis

Postby namnibor » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Hello.

After a life speed-bump with some health crap I finally have had the energy to dig-in to the Spectralis and just did the updates (thanks) :D , and I must say that I can call the Spectralis my 'desert island instrument', and 'lifetime' to learn and grow with excellent instrument.

Really only working on ambient music now as a form of Music Therapy and just wanted to share my experience and I surely shall share some musical noodling in the future when I feel okay with it. After spending some time on and off in bed with an Elektron Analog Four, I can tell you at least in my own path, I actually find the Spectralis way more intuitive to work with. I do not mind deep menus and the sound quality is great.

I wanted to also mention that I must have an anomaly of a Spectralis 2 because on each of the 16 step buttons, they are ALL black. I have no red step buttons on steps 1,5,9,13. The only red oval button is the record button. Bought it used in almost new condition and all works as it should but it just hit me a few days ago that my Spec is a bit different, just as I am :twisted:
So my opinion is there is absolutely nothing like the Spectralis and she still rules.
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Re: Back in the groove with Spectralis

Postby namnibor » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:09 pm

The Spectralis 1 just looks so badass (and the Spec 2 looks badass), so I could not bring myself to sell the 1 when I obtained the 2. So why not use them both? :shock:
FYI-
Without any filter modification, both my 1 and 2's filter response matches to my keen ears without an spectroscope, so am not touching my Spec 1.
However, am only focusing on the Spectralis 2 on it's own for now then later marry the two :shock:
Last edited by namnibor on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This has been proving to be as deep as some higher tech aircraft to wrap brain around navigating, but I call the Spectralis my alien apace ship.
namnibor

Postby namnibor » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:56 pm

Loving the flow of the Spectralis 2 Reference Manual. Works for my brain. Speckie will not let me sleep :shock:
namnibor

Postby namnibor » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:09 pm

Holy crap is the Spectralis a deep beast!!!!!!! Michael's Spectralis Tutorials have also really helped a lot. Have not even gotten to importing samples or using external midi with Spectralis. Definitely thinning my herd of synths after really discovering how powerful this thing is.
namnibor

Postby namnibor » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:41 pm

The 'overdub' button mocks me. I know it's been asked before but is overdub a planned forthcoming update to Spectralis? My opinion, to stay on topic, is it would be so nice for that functionality unless I am missing something?
namnibor

Postby acemonvw » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:58 pm

lol, I like the one-person discussion going on here!

I too like the look of the Spectralis 1, I wish I had one!

The overdub button mocks us all - I don't expect it to ever function though.

Crazy that your Spectralis 2 has a good filter - maybe it was an earlier model that didn't have this issue?

I wonder if that's why your model has all black buttons at the bottom...
acemonvw

Return to Spectralis experiences and opinions